Monday 4 October 2010

singin hinnies

2nd October10, Belford Moor, 3pm

I fancied a trip inland so we went to a spot I've not been to before to see the rock formations which I gather are known locally as "the singin' hinnies". Singin' hinnies are Northumberland flat scones which I've tried once and very tasty they are too. I don't see the resemblance but "hinnie" is a term of affection here so they may just be singing heads and not scones at all!. Near here are the Bowden Doors which is a line of exposed cliffs very popular with climbers including myself many, many years ago...




3rd October10, Low Newton, 6pm

After a day reading the papers and entertaining Daisy at home while the rain poured down outside, it was a delight to see the fair weather coming in after the storm from the west.

It was a lovely sunset with the clouds turning shades of pink 360 degrees round the sky.





2 comments:

you-wee because said...

Great, great colours, Andy!

Kudos!

Uwe.

Paul said...

Enjoyed that same sunset on Sunday from Football Hole. After all that rain it was a spectacular end to the day.