Tuesday 16 April 2013

Any Old Iron


15th April 2013, Embleton Bay, 8am

The sea has stripped away 4 or 5 feet of sand and left the S end of Embleton Bay resembling a shingle beach. In amongst the stones are a few bits of old iron. I think these are fence posts that were screwed into the sand to support barbed wire during WWII. Eyewitness accounts I've read say that during the war the beach was closed to the public and completely covered in barbed wire.

[added 20th April - I now have 4 of these at home as they'd been left by the bins to be disposed of. My feeling is they shouldn't be thrown away so I'm seeking a home for these historical, if rusty, relics!]


Along the beach and back via the dunes.  Both Daisy and I enjoy the views from up here...










New Gallery Now Open: 33 Fenkle St, Alnwick.  Drop by and say Hello...

Sign up here for my newsletter!
 
andy craig photography - Weddings, Kids, Music, Dogs, Creative Photography, Photo Training

No comments: