Sunday 24 April 2016

camera/phone

23rd April 2016, Embleton Bay, 6am

6am is too late for sunrise but there was some lovely light around in the sky and on the beach and dunes.


These two photos were taken seconds apart. 1st one phone, 2nd one camera. One was processed with Snapseed on the phone and one in photoshop. I am fond of using the phone (I've used iPhones but currently it's a Galaxy) and here's why I won't apologise for using a phone:
1. It's quick and always with me - a few seconds later when the camera came out, the light wasn't as nice. I firmly believe in this saying: "the best camera is the one you have with you"
2. The on-board processing is amazing
3. I can post straight to social media perched high in the dunes and I like the immediacy of that.
4. I also like it for street photography where it is very discreet
5. It's all about the photograph NOT the equipment
6. I have a range of gear from full frame dSLR (Canon 6D - rarely used on this blog) to compact camera (Canon G15 99% of photos on here) to the phone and each one has its place and its time and its purpose.



23rd April 2016, Newton Point, 4pm

Nice sunlit waves crashing in below a glowering sky...



No comments: