Sunday 25 March 2018

beach life in a day

25th march 2018, Beadnell Bay, 6:45am (BST)

The clocks went forward last night so the sunrise was 6:54 instead of 5:54.  The sun doesn't care either way.  The bedside clock said 6:30 but when I got out to the car it hadn't been changed so it said 5:40am which suddenly made it feel very early!

A theme I keep coming back to is to include life in my landscapes - human figures give a sense of scale and even if you don't speak to them, they always have a story to tell. It's always a pleasure to have birds in a composition. It reminds me of their fragile place in the landscape. I saw two people on the beach this morning; a dog walker and a jogger and I saw many birds but photographed the Whooper swans heading North for the summer and the Sanderlings busying along the sunrise shoreline.

In between these 'busy spells' it was just me and Daisy and the big empty beach.




Sanderlings


A passing dog walker walked by...


...and went on their way.




If you zoom in you can see the distinctive yellow beaks of Whooper swans.  They're heading North to their summer breeding grounds in Iceland



No comments: