Friday 9 August 2013

Life and Death

9th August 2013, Embleton Bay, 8am

9th August would be my Mum's birthday. I was reflecting on how much life has gone by since then. I still live my life considering if Mum would approve of my decisions. I know she would have loved where I live now and who I live with (although she would tidy up the garden a bit)

Today's Radio 4 podcast was all about Life, Death and "The Dream of Gerontius" by Elgar. A most beautiful piece of music and one I'm sure My Mum would have loved too.

This morning the soft sky and gentle sea seemed to rest in peaceful and respectful serenity.

"The face of The Earth as the creator intended it to look" Henry Miller








Sign up here for my newsletter!
 
andy craig photography - Weddings, Kids, Music, Dogs, Creative Photography, Photo Training

1 comment:

you-wee because said...

Thanks for this thoughtful little post, Andy. I'm right on the "other side " of the North Sea, my sweetheart and I had two phantastic weeks on the island of Sylt. Like you, we did a lot of strolls along the sandy beaches, but not as early as you normally do in the morning.
Tomorrow morning we are going to travel back home. Have a great weekend, Uwe.