Monday 20 January 2014

Real Weather

19th January 2014, Embleton Bay, 8am

Daisy and I raced the last few yards to the top of the dune. I won, but only because the path was narrow and she couldn't pass.

There she sat, her back to the wind, scanning the golf course for Animals of Interest while I panted and wheezed and faced the elements. Being out of breath meant I happily drew in more than my fair share of the fresh, salty air.

The sea, tempestuous and roaring, filled the air with the smell of the ocean. I rocked to and fro in the wind while the rain pecked at my face making me blink when drops hit my eyes.

Bad weather? No, this is real weather. Weather you can feel, taste, smell, hear and see.




Why not join me for a PhotoTrail one morning? Find out more about Northumberland Photo Training PhotoTrails HERE
Sign up HERE for my newsletter!
 

1 comment:

Paul said...

Great description of the weather Andy. Out on the North York Moors every fortnight brings it's fair share of real weather.