Saturday 22 March 2014

sitting with masters

22nd March 2014, Berwick upon Tweed, 3pm

I'm a big fan of LS Lowry - I often try to include little figures in my landscape photographs (see 16th March) but he also painted beautiful abstract, minimalist seascapes.

You don't need to go to Salford to learn about him. Lowry spent many holidays in Berwick-upon-Tweed and there is a trail of information boards around the town (the boards are cutely mounted on easels at locations where Lowry sketched).

Here is his painting of the end of the bridge along with a photograph from the same location today.

When I say the same location, you can sit on exactly the same bit of the bridge parapet that he did, and it's interesting to see how he interpreted the scene.





Berwick pier and the famous wee lighthouse




Why not join me for a PhotoTrail one morning?   CLICK HERE
to find out more about Northumberland Photo Training PhotoTrails


Sign up HERE for my newsletter!



No comments: