Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

1st January 2016, Newton Point, 8am

Happy New Year from me and Daisy.

It was nice to see I'm not the only one who prefers to greet the first dawn of the New Year rather than partying away the last night of the past.

So for any of you who missed it, the first dawn of 2016 painted the sky with a beautiful pastel pink and the sunrise that followed wasn't bad either... May that be a good omen for you and yours in 2016. 

On New Year's Day I find myself
Standing on the shore
Standing in a place I've stood
A thousand times before

A thousand times before I've stood 
Each day a different one
When wind and cloud and tide and wave
All change beneath the sun

Waders play, grasses sway
Nature welcomes every day
For a thousand years or more
For a thousand years or more.






Dawn is not the same...


...as Sunrise






No comments: