Sunday 24 September 2017

long awaited

24th September 2017, Embleton Bay, 7am

I was a bit late getting up so I rushed to get to the beach knowing I was going to be too late for the pre-sunrise light that I love best of all.

I arrived at The Skaith to find that the shot I had thought of (sunrise reflected in the water of The Skaith) was not possible due to two other photographers standing in my picture.  This disappointment lasted a nano second before I realised that instead there was a great 'documentary' shot to be had.

I've waited for this shot for years.  I've talked about it on my training courses.  I've often said I would leave the "sunrise over the sea" shot to others so I could include the line of photographers in the frame.  I'm pretty pleased with these shots.



Meanwhile there were other things to photograph too...

The normally green wave light was orange - a sight I've never seen before.






No comments: